NTT DATA Group, as a member of the NTT Group stipulates in the NTT Group CSR Charter that we will “maintain the highest ethical standards and respect for human rights in business; value diversity and personal growth in the workplace; and contribute to building vibrant local communities.” Over the years, NTT has recognized the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work of the International Labour Organization (ILO), and similar principles as the global standards for human rights. In addition, as a corporate group actively engaged in overseas business with full understanding of the principles of ISO 26000, published in 2010, and the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights adopted by the United Nations in June 2011, we established the NTT Group Human Rights Charter in 2014 by incorporating global respect for human rights. We intend to raise our awareness and strengthen our management with regard to human rights Group-wide by encouraging understanding and disseminating our initiatives to incorporate the global principle and awareness of human rights into our business activities.
The NTT Group’s Human Rights Charter
We recognize that the respect for human rights is a corporate responsibility and aim to create a safe, secure and rich social environment by fulfilling its responsibility.
- 1.We respect internationally recognized human rights, including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in all company activities.
- 2.We responsibly respect for human rights by efforts to reduce any negative impacts on human rights holders. We respond appropriately when negative impacts on human rights occur.
- 3.We aim to not be complicit in infringing human rights, including being involved in discrimination, directly or indirectly.
- 4.When negative impacts on human rights are done by a business partner and are linked to a product or service of the NTT group, we will expect them to respect human rights and not to infringe on them.
- *“We” means the NTT group and its officers and employees.