NTT DATA Corporation’s Personal Information Protection Policy
NTT DATA Corporation recognizes the importance of personal information and ensures the protection and safeguarding of its customers’ personal information as a fundamental principle of its business and its responsibility to society. Accordingly, NTT DATA has established the Personal Information Protection Policy described below and ensures that all its officers, employees, and business partners thoroughly understand and fully comply with the Policy.
- 1.Collection, Use, Provision, and Entrustment of Personal Information
- 1.Personal information shall be collected only after informing the customers of the purpose and obtaining consent for doing so, except when the rights or interests of customers or third parties may be injured. The scope of use of the personal information collected is limited, and, the information shall be handled appropriately within this scope.
- 2.Personal information collected by NTT DATA shall not be provided to third parties without prior express consent of the customers, except as required by law or regulation.
- 3.NTT DATA may entrust customers’ personal information with authorized third parties. In all such cases, NTT DATA shall select the recipient with great care from among those parties that have established a sufficient level of protection of the personal information, and make necessary supervision or otherwise ensure, through a contract,etc. stipulating the level of protection to be observed, that the recipient manages the information properly.
- 2.Disclosure, Correction, Discontinuance of Use, etc. of Personal Information
NTT DATA shall accommodate requests for disclosure, correction, discontinuance of use, etc. of customers’ personal information promptly within a reasonable scope.
- 3.Implementation of Security Measures
NTT DATA implements safeguard measures and diligently works toward preventing unauthorized access to personal information, and the loss, destruction, alteration, leakage, etc. of such information. Specific rules governing the appropriate handling and use of personal information are in place, and staff are assigned to take responsibility therefor.
- 4.Observance of Laws, Regulations and Other Norms Relating to Personal Information
With respect to the observance of laws, regulations, and other norms relating to personal information, NTT DATA’s officers, employees, and business partners who handle personal information comply with the laws, regulations, and guidelines relating to the protection of personal information and the privacy of communication.
- 5.Continuous improvements to this Personal Information Protection Policy and In-house Rules and Regulations
NTT DATA makes continuous improvements to this Personal Information Protection Policy and in-house rules and regulations to ensure that the protection of personal information as determined by socially accepted norms is conducted effectively.
- 6.Inquiries as to Personal Information
NTT DATA will make every effort to respond to inquiries promptly within a reasonable scope. Please contact NTT DATA’s customer service.
President and Chief Executive Officer
For more information, please contact:
Toyosu Center Building, 3-3, Toyosu 3-chome, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-6033
NTT DATA CORPORATION Customer Desk
NTT DATA may revise the Policy set out above and issue notification of all revisions on this website.
This is an English translation of the official version of the Policy, which has been published in Japanese.
The Use of Information Requested from Users of This Website
This website is operated for the purpose of providing information about NTT DATA Corporation. Certain parts of the site request users to provide personal information (e.g. where questionnaires, inquiries, e-mail registration, etc., are necessary), that information being primarily the personal information required for the provision of information, e.g. names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and addresses. Users may sometimes be asked to provide other information but, other than the minimum number of essential pieces of information, the provision of that information is entirely at the users’ discretion.
NTT DATA will not make any changes to information requested without the prior consent of users.
Please note that in certain cases it may be necessary to provide a minimum necessary amount of information to a third party (e.g. the provision of a customer’s name and address to a company commissioned to provide delivery or other services). If a provider of information submits a request for NTT DATA to disclose personal information concerning himself or herself, NTT DATA will disclose the personal information specified in the request.
NTT DATA will take all reasonable measures necessary to protect the privacy of visitors to this website. Depending upon the service offered on the site, customers may provide highly confidential information (e.g. WebMoney or credit-card numbers), in which cases NTT DATA takes steps to protect the information by such means as the encryption of the information.
Use of this website is the responsibility of the user. NTT DATA Corporation accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any losses or damage arising from any information obtained from this website or from other linked websites.
Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction
This website is administered by NTT DATA Corporation.
Notwithstanding the fact that this site can be accessed from countries worldwide that have laws different from those of Japan, both the users of this site and NTT DATA agree to be bound by the laws of Japan and ordinances of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government regarding the use of this site.
NTT DATA makes no statement or indication whatsoever on this site concerning such matters as the appropriateness of the content of this site to the environments of the persons who access it. Access to this site is at the free will of the persons who access it, and responsibility for use of the site lies with them.
To enhance the convenience of the users of this website, some pages send data files in the form of cookies to users’ computers, but this is not used by NTT DATA to obtain personal information from users.