NTT DATA at Microsoft’s Asenso Pilipinas 2021 - Better IT for Better Government
NTT DATA Philippines - a part of NTT DATA group and one of the strongest Microsoft Partner in the country, participated in Microsoft Philippines’ Public Sector Cloud Summit, “Asenso Pilipinas: Building Digital Resilience”, held last January 28, 2021.
This virtual gathering aimed to enable the different divisions and sectors of the government to accelerate growth and achieve digital transformation on a national scale, supporting the country’s ambitions to reignite economic growth in 2021 and beyond.
NTT DATA Philippines’ Chief Technology Officer, Christer Cruz, shared his valuable insights on the processes to take for a purpose-driven digital transformation with over 10,000 public officials and students nationwide. He talked about the how the pandemic accelerated digital transformation and how NTT DATA is helping the government create a safer and better nation for the citizens.
According to Cruz, in order to build and deliver better services in this era, the government must transform the relationship between its citizens and its state. He pointed out five (5) critical areas to consider in order to create this digitally enabled public sector:
- Social Media & Mobile Platforms for social listening – to improve service quality based on the feedback from citizens, promote transparency and efficient interaction, enhance the level of public trust and drive better citizen outcomes.
- Internet of Things (IoT) for advanced analytics - to leverage data continually gathered from people and devices to improve service design and personalize delivery while increasing efficiency, flexibility, and maintaining accuracy.
- AI and Machine Learning for cyber security – to combat threats from terrorists, scammers, and hackers that can jeopardize the delivery of essential public services and the smooth running of civil society, including, most importantly, the election process.
- Cloud Computing for intelligent automation tools - to increase computing capacity, promote workplace productivity, ensure data security, and provide safe payment platforms for citizen transactions.
- Smart Infrastructure for safer community - to harness the latest technologies (such as smart devices, sensors, IoT, etc) to obtain maximum value and efficiency and create resilience and sustainability.
Watch the video to understand the NTT DATA’s Digital Strategy Framework to support government’s digital transformation.
Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic highlighted the importance of digitalization for economic and social resilience. As mobility restrictions and social distancing measure limits face-to-face interactions, the availability of affordable digital technologies has emerged as a key determinant of resilience. Despite this challenging time, digital technologies allowed businesses, the government, and schools to pursue operations online without completely shutting down.
“Our ability to understand it [technology] and embrace it represent that enormous opportunity. It’s through this lens that we build our mission to empower digital transformation that build economic growth, broaden social inclusion, drives good governance and achieves a better citizens outcome,” said Cruz. “We also realized that progress will not be sustainable unless organizations reinvent with the future in mind. Now is the time to pivot and make it happen,” Cruz added. “Our partnership with Microsoft and our key strategic alliances proved that building coalition is essential to thrive.”
About NTT DATA Philippines
NTT DATA is a top 10 global business and IT services provider with more than 100,000 professionals in over 50 countries. Located in APAC region, NTT DATA Philippines (NDPH) provides world-class solutions and services on Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP platforms to enable our customers to achieve their business objectives. NDPH emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, from consulting, application services, and business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.