NTT DATA ranked second in the Gartner® Market Share Analysis: Managed Security Services, Worldwide, 2022
Expanding the security management business faster than the growth rate of the MSS market
August 29, 2023
NTT DATA Group Corporation
TOKYO – August 29, 2023 –, a global digital business and IT services provider, has ranked second by revenue in Gartner Market Share Analysis: Managed Security Services, Worldwide, 2022.
This report analyzes the revenue performance and market share of the top 25 providers of MSS (Managed Security Services, a service that allows companies and organizations to outsource a series of security operation and monitoring, including monitoring and responding to threats to information systems, to an external security specialist), including MDR (Managed Detection and Response).1
Gartner estimates that "in 2022, the MSS market grew 15.8% in current USD, reaching $16.98 billion in revenue. The managed detection and response segment grew 26.2% in current USD, reaching USD 3.24 billion. This report compares revenue performance and market share ranking for the top 25 providers in MSS, including MDR."
NTT DATA can provide many client companies with services that cover the entire spectrum from consulting to security management by using the know-how gained from our long experience in incident response through our own CSIRT2 organization and the implementation of one of the world's largest Zero-Trust environment for all group employees. For more information about our MDR services, please see the press release "". NTT DATA will continue to expand our security management business and to lead the global MSS market. As a leading cybersecurity company with the world's largest Zero-Trust environment implementation and management experience, NTT DATA continue to contribute to the enhancement of security and cyber resilience of our global client companies and support their business transformation.
Please see3 for more details.
- Gartner, Market Share: Managed Security Services, Worldwide, 2022, By Rahul Yadav, Travis Lee, Matt Milone, Akshita Joshi, Shailendra Upadhyay, Published 18 April 2023
- GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
- Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- 1. This report analyzes the revenue performance and market share of MDR (outsourced threat detection, analysis, and investigation as well as threat mitigation and containment) as part of a variety of MSS services.
- 2. A team that responds to security incidents to prevent them from occurring or to minimize damage when they do occur. The team collects and analyzes vulnerable information, takes emergency action when an incident occurs, and shares information and collaborates with internal and external organizations.
- 3. Only Gartner license holders can view this information.
- Product names, company names, and organization names mentioned in the article are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA – a part of NTT Group – is a trusted global innovator of IT and business services headquartered in Tokyo. We help clients transform through consulting, industry solutions, business process services, IT modernization and managed services. NTT DATA enables clients, as well as society, to move confidently into the digital future. We are committed to our clients' long-term success and combine global reach with local client attention to serve them in over 50 countries. Visit us at
Product and Services Contacts
The services, prices of products and services, specifications, telephone numbers, etc. for inquiries and other information included in news releases are the data available on the day of the release. This information may be changed at any time without notice. In certain circumstances, due to various risks or unexpected occurrences, actual results may also be different from the plans or projections in news releases.